CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

6 Weeks To Go

I am now in my 34th week of pregnancy and inching closer and closer to d-day. It seems pretty surreal. Jon and I spent our weekend organizing things to try and make room for baby Groves. Our dear friends Shelby and Amanda have lent us some space in their basement to store some furniture and boxes in hopes that we can set aside some space for baby items. We cleared out closet space for baby clothes and bought some storage bins that will hopefully help keep the clutter at bay.

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and things still look great. The baby's heartbeat was in the 150s (which according to some would hint that our little one's gender is female...but who knows). I was measuring right on and my blood pressure was good. I'm thankful. In two weeks I go back in to see the doctor for my important 36 week visit and from there on out I'll be heading to the doctor's office once a week until our baby decides to make an appearance.

God has continued to provide for us and our baby over the past few weeks. My mom and two younger sisters threw me a surprise baby shower and I have another small shower put together by two close friends this weekend here in Louisville. We've been blessed and God's graciousness serves as a constant reminder that he is faithful even as we wait for Jon to find a job. I'm getting to the place where I am more than ready to start my maternity leave and spend 12 whole weeks home with my baby.

I haven't been great at keeping this blog updated but one of my excuses is that I spent most of the month of July out of town. Last week Jon and I were actually visiting my family in Pennsylvania. On one of our last days there Jon took me on a surprise day trip to Washington D.C. That city that has special meaning to us because it happens to be the place where Jon proposed to me back in 2006, on this exact spot actually (except it was night-time and the lights of the National Mall were a beautiful backdrop). So yes, I've been married to this handsome guy for four amazing years. I love you hon and I can't wait to see you as a dad!! Only 6 weeks left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment